• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 won't power on

gs2epic4g

Lurker
Aug 27, 2013
My Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G won't power on anymore after an unexpected crash. The crash might have been provoked by too many running programs or my bad battery. When I took out the battery, I put it back in immediately. The start up screen would should but would not fully turn on. After taking the battery out and putting it back in again, the screen won't power on but the blue LED would turn on and stay on. Is there anything I could do to revive my phone?

Did your phone get extremely hot before it shut off? Due to the construction of the phone, either the display it self or the ribbon cable that connects it to the main circuit board could have been damaged. If this was the case, the only way to fix it is to get it replaced through Virgin Mobile.

Browse Google to see if anyone has come across this problem... it may be a much simpler fix.

I wish you the best of luck.

Upvote 0
Did your phone get extremely hot before it shut off? Due to the construction of the phone, either the display it self or the ribbon cable that connects it to the main circuit board could have been damaged. If this was the case, the only way to fix it is to get it replaced through Virgin Mobile.

Browse Google to see if anyone has come across this problem... it may be a much simpler fix.

I wish you the best of luck.
It was hot but not to the extreme. I have done some search on Google but nobody has ever come across the same problem. Is it possible to fix it myself?

Upvote 0
It's a costly and risky repair if you try do it yourself. Look on Amazon or whatever to find a replacement screen for the phone. If you're experienced with taking small devices apart, it should be a relatively easy repair.

If you search YouTube for a disassembly of the Epic 4G Touch, you will be able to get a complete rundown on what needs to be done.

I still suggest trying to get it replaced just in case it's something other than the screen getting damaged.

Reactions: gs2epic4g
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones