• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S20 Accessories are Live

I've been afraid of buying a charger for the 3a, this usb is confusing and using the wrong charger will fry your phone. I'll probably get the OEM one, and maybe the wireless portable charger.

Well, my general rule is as long as it has good reviews (and a lot of them) it is fair game. For wired I'm using google, anker, rav, or amazon basics. FOr wireless the pixel 3 is hamstrung, only the google wireless charger allowsd greater than 5w charging, so not even worth trying any other charger. 3a have wireless?

Upvote 0
Well, my general rule is as long as it has good reviews (and a lot of them) it is fair game. For wired I'm using google, anker, rav, or amazon basics. FOr wireless the pixel 3 is hamstrung, only the google wireless charger allowsd greater than 5w charging, so not even worth trying any other charger. 3a have wireless?
No, and I'm using 2a anker charger on it for fear of frying it.

Upvote 0
Fair. ANd with the new sammies having 25w, and 45w for the ultra, I would be a bit more careful which charger I use.
Yeah, seems to me a problem with USB-C. In the old days if you had a bad charger or cable it would either not charge or charge slow instead of frying your device. That seems like a step backwards.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones