1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S20 LTE vs. Galaxy S20 5G??? What's the difference

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Unforgiven, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...
    Moderator Thread Starter

I noticed while on a hunt for the memory in the S20 that the Galaxy S20/S20+ LTE versions have 8GB of RAM while the Galaxy S20/S20+ 5G versions have 12GB of RAM.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s20/specs/
    upload_2020-2-11_16-54-21.png

This is the only place I've found any differentiation between 5G and LTE versions of the phone. Everywhere else I've seen on Samsungs site or in the Unpacked presentation only referenced the 5G version.

Anyone know what's up? Is the LTE version only for certain regions? Being released later?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by Hadron, Feb 11, 2020 (7 points)
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I'm *fairly* sure the LTE is only for certain regions, and not even available in US. Not sure they covered that though

olbriar and Unforgiven like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The LTE version is available for pre-order in the UK, and I've seen it mentioned in some of the phone blogs "reviewing" the announcement. It costs £100 less than the 5G version.

(I put "review" in quotes after reading some idiot at GSMArena going on about how much larger the S20 is than the S10, repeatedly quoting the S20+ dimensions while talking about the regular S20. I suspect the person who wrote their "hands-on" either hadn't handled it or was holding the wrong phone and didn't realise, because being ~1% taller and ~1% narrower than the S10 would not merit the fuss they were making about its size...)

NightAngel79, olbriar and Unforgiven like this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...
    Moderator Thread Starter

I was in and out during the Unpacked presentation, so I wasn't sure if I missed something. Thanks for clearing up that the LTE is available in the UK.

NightAngel79 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews