• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S20+ need to change password on email account

In the email app on my Galaxy S20+ I have several email accounts set up. Yesterday I changed the password on one of those email accounts and now that account is not syncing to my phone. I know I need to update the password for that account in the email app on my phone but I can't find where to do that. Can you help?

Gosh I don't know the name of the email app. It's whatever came with the phone. I'll remove and re-add the account if I have to but it seems to me I should be able to simply update the password if I just could find where to do it.
That'd be Gmail wouldn't it? That's the email app that usually comes with Android phones.

How to change your Gmail password
  1. Click the gear and choose Settings.
  2. Click Accounts and Imports from the list at the top.
  3. Click Change Password.
  4. Enter your current password.
  5. Enter your new password twice and click Change Password.
Or it could be Outlook email you've got? As some Samsung did come with Microsoft apps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, Mike. But when I choose the gear for Settings, I don't have a category called "Account and Imports". I do see "Accounts and backup". I've looked in there but didn't see anywhere to change passwords. The icon for the email app I'm using is a red circle with a white envelope. I think that's the Samsung email app. I don't understand why it doesn't ask me to enter a password when the sync fails.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones