1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S20 Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Heidi79, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Heidi79

Heidi79 Lurker

I have a really annoying thing that needs to be fixed on my contacts search settings and no one has been able to answer it. Is there a way to post a video here to show what the issue is?

Kristabtwins2 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

You can post a link to the video

Heidi79 likes this.
  3. Heidi79

Heidi79 Lurker

I was trying to upload the video and it gave me an error, I hope I did it correctly now

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  4. Dannydet

This issue is dependent on what contacts app you are using.
    I'm using Google contacts as my contacts app, and when I search within the app, see screenshot, if I type in Jim, it brings up Jim and anyone listed as such. Screenshot_20210803-113732.png

Heidi79 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Heidi79

Heidi79 Lurker

I think I may have contacts in the phone and google, I'm going to see if I can designate which one is used, how can I change it?

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

under contacts top left corner should be 3 lines (its called a hamburger). if you select that, you should see options as to what accounts (phone or google) you want to use.....this is how it is on my note 10+ 5G

Dannydet and Heidi79 like this.
  7. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Hi @Heidi79 I removed the video because it showed your contacts personal phone numbers. :)

Video summary - when searching you type in the beginning of someones name it shows every contact that matches those letters, but you want it to only show exact name matches.

8. Heidi79

Heidi79 Lurker

9. Heidi79

Heidi79 Lurker

Yes, so it seems I have 3K contacts and half are on the phone and half in google, so maybe that is why the search shows up that way, how can I migrate all the phone contacts to goole?

10. Heidi79

Heidi79 Lurker

I found it I'm moving all contacts to google and out of the phone will see of when that is done I can sort correctly for my searches!

11. Heidi79

Heidi79 Lurker

And it is fixed !! thank you so much for your help! Also now I know I won't leave contacts in my device when I change phones, thanks!:D

12. Dannydet

Glad to hear!

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs