1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

galaxy s3 battery drain

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    i have a galaxy s3. Sprint phone, but flashed to ntelos like a year ago. my battery was charging extremely slow and discharging even when on the charger. i borrowed a friends old battery and my phone started charging a little better but still horrible. anytime i put it on the charger, it stops charging multiple times. and it hasnt charged past 82% in four days. there are no other problems wit the phone. this started a couple days after i updated it (like 2 weeks ago). my old battery had water damage (if thats relevant. but it got water damaged over a year ago). and all chargers fit loosely in the charger port. what is wrong with my phone.?? or how can i find out what is wrong with it.??

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) If the phone itself got wet, it's probably corroding now to the point that you're having problems. The corrosion doesn't stop when the phone appears to be dry.

2) If you charge the phone while it's turned on, you're not charging it, you're just discharging it slower.

3) If the plug is loose in the charger port, it's not always connected, so it's not always charging. If it's the port itself that's loose in the phone, you could be damaging the phone internally every time you move the wire. Get that fixed.