1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy s3 battery drain.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by foster_426, Nov 8, 2014.

1. foster_426

foster_426 Newbie

I got a galaxy s3 on virgin mobile 4 days ago. Ever since, my phone sometimes gets warm and I'm having battery drain. I have location and sync off and power save on. With moderate use, my battery can go from 100 to 90 within an hour. When I got the phone there was a kit Kat update. I did a factory reset and there's still drain. Android Systems is the main cause of battery drain according to the battery monitor in the settings. What could be causing Android Systems to use so much battery?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Weak signal. When u look in battery stats in settings, when you tap the graph it takes you to a new screen and under that graph theres a coloured line to represent signal strength.
    Poor signal will chew the battery and heat the phone up. If its that.. using an app like DS Battery Saver to disable 3g while the screen is off will help a LOT.
    If not. Download GSam Battery Monitor and let it run for a full discharge and itl tell u what apps are eating battery.
    If you could post screenshots of both of the battery stats screens in settings that would help a lot :thumbup:

3. rickrabies

rickrabies Member

juice defender also the pro version is pretty nice. you can tell it when to turn off wifi-3g-4g etc or to shut down or to sleep after so long. lots of things. was like $2 but 2 years ago i had it.
    also use an app killer and kill once in awhile.
    and go into manage apps and disable junk you dont use. stuff like google play that jus runs and runs for no reason

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews