1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S3 brand new lags everywhere

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RnGRamen85, Dec 22, 2012.

1. RnGRamen85

RnGRamen85 Lurker

OK, so first the problem... it lags, and it lags bad. I cant play any game without lag, for example even in Bike race i get a little lag here and there, and in Dead Trigger/GTA Vice City it lags unplayable at the highest settings. what worries me is that my friend with a galaxy S2 can run GTA perfectly maxed out, wasn't the s3 suppose to be more powerful?

About my phone
    -Model
    Samsung-SGH-1747

-Android version

-Baseband Version
    174UCLH9

-Kernel Version
    3.0.8-985684
    se.infra@SEP-103#1
    SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 29 18:33:46 KST

-the power-saving thing is not enabled
    -i have cleared my ram often
    -I have not rooted my phone or anything like that because i have insurance and i really dont want to lose my insurance plan

other than what can i do?
    Thank you very much for any help you can give i really appreciate it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Funnyusername

Funnyusername Android Enthusiast

Factory reset.

3. RnGRamen85

RnGRamen85 Lurker

ok thank you for the inout... how? :p like i said im a complete and udder noob this is my first smart phone before i was using a old flip phone that could maybe play wheres wildo so i have no idea what im doing

4. RnGRamen85

RnGRamen85 Lurker

5. Jeepmaster

Jeepmaster Well-Known Member

6. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

To factory reset, go to settings, Back up and reset, factory reset. It might solve the issues, as mine doesn't lag at all, and I played games like GTA in the past.

7. HighSierra

HighSierra Member

Do you have power saving mode enabled. That might affect any app that needs a lot of CPU. I disable power saving mode whan playing angry birds. It helps.

8. RnGRamen85

RnGRamen85 Lurker

So i do not have power saving on no, I did do the factory reset and i did see a boost in performance with dead trigger though it is still lagging a little bit which i think it is suppose to run perfectly even on maxed graphical settings

what i have not done is uninstall the stuff jeepmaster brings up, do you think i should do that or what?

9. RnGRamen85

RnGRamen85 Lurker

also could it be that my phone is defective i mean its 2 days old its not hard for me just to bring it back to bestbuy and get it replaced

10. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Disable any type of virus malware app. Also make sure you do not have any type of autoupload going on to Dropbox, Microsoft, Google+, Facebook etc that could be going on in the background.

11. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

if its 2 days old and u dont have much data on it yet it might be easier to try and get it replaced and see only. If i am not mistaken the phone ure using is not a quad core and is a dual core phone only right? The international version of the phone has a quad core cpu so some users here might say gta runs fine(it does run fine on my phone also) but that could be cause of the cpu also.

12. RnGRamen85

RnGRamen85 Lurker

yeah i have a dual core, I mean if the phone is just not powerfull then fine but i thought it was better, i mean my friends s2 can run it flawlessly

13. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

the s2 is also dual core the game should run without any issues on the s3. You can try getting it replaced only might be easier since its new and see if it solves the issue.

14. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Is your friends Galaxy S2 using Snapdragon or Exynos?

If it's also a Snapdragon(older generation) similar to yours then your performance doesn't make allot of sense unless you have the resolution turned right up, bare in mind the screen resolution on the S2 is lower so things are not equal when the resolution option is maxed.

If it's Exynos then maybe the Mali 400 GPU is just better suited or they've done a better job optimizing the game for the Exynos based phones like the S2/S3 and Note1/Note 2.

Or your phone could be faulty. :D

15. Dvoraak

Dvoraak Newbie

I recently bought 3 S3s for myself and my kids. 2 out of 3 perform flawlessly. We just returned (exchanged) my daughter's a couple of days ago. It lagged and stuttered just swiping home screens (it was screwy right from the day it was bought). The new one she got performs the way it should. I guess some of them are just defective.

16. RnGRamen85

RnGRamen85 Lurker

oh ok well i think i will see if i can get it returned(replace) then... though thanks for all of your help so far

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews