1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S3: During call, sound drops completely while I speak

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kdmoore, Jan 14, 2013.

1. kdmoore

kdmoore Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2013
    I have a long distance relationship, girlfriend just got an S3. I'm posting as I'm the most technical oriented of the two of us ;)
    New thing happening ... and it's a bit frustrating. If she talks over me ... or if I interrupt her or any time we happen to be speaking at the same time ... she looses all speaker out put ... that is, she'll hear NOTHING of what I say. Normally it's just as if we were face to face ... if we interupt each other we can talk over each other and still hear ... and eventually someones says "sorry, you go ahead" :) But as it is now, she often doesn't even know that I was speaking ... and I don't know that she isn't hearing ...

I'm starting to get used to it ... I often have to say "did you hear what I said" ... it's an annoying thing!

It's acting as if the phone intends to do it. She's not technical, and it's even possible someone changed a setting (her son, the verizon store, etc?) Everything else is normal, phone doesn't shut down permanently or anything ... just if she's speaking and I'm speaking at the same time. If this is a function of the phone ... a "feature" ... is there a setting to change or a way to make the phone behave as normal phones do?

Advertisement