1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S3 Email isssue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AnthonyThomas, Aug 16, 2012.

1. AnthonyThomas

AnthonyThomas Lurker

I have a new Galaxy S3, and have setup emails. All emails that I get only show partial email, mostly just someones signature stuff.

I have attempted to search this site for answers, no luck.

If this is a duplicate thread, I am sorry, but is there anyone out there who knows how to get there emails?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. khunfused

khunfused Newbie

how did you set it up?

i linked my phone with google/gmail

3. AnthonyThomas

AnthonyThomas Lurker

my POP3 email accounts

4. gregsuko

gregsuko Lurker

What size are you allowing the email application to download?

I use pop for my sbcglobal account and they look normal.
    Try opening your email hit the options button and go to settings..on mine I have download images checked and set it to download 50kb.

verngator likes this.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Android Expert

What kind of email account do you have yahoo? gmail? exchange? and how are you setting it up.

6. lilbett

lilbett Lurker

I am having the same problem.

Gmail, AOL mail, and hotmail all sync fine.

However, my work email, setup through Exchange Active Sync, only pulls up partial emails. If I remove the account and re-add it... the full emails come through. Then, at some point during the day, I only get the partial emails.

HELP!

7. lilbett

lilbett Lurker

8. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Most likely this is just a setting. Which email app are you using? The default stock email app? Touchdown? MailDroid?

9. CReuss

CReuss Member

There are several ways to get to the desired screen this is just one way :) Open your email account select Settings then select an email account from the list if you have multiple accounts like me. From here go to Size to retrieve emails select All. Now when you open a message it gets the entire email instead of whatever the default was 10KB I think it was set at?

10. Having the same issue.
    After opening and reading an e-mail (Exchange) the entire e-mail is there. Go back to it however long later, could be 2 minutes, could an hour, and only part of the e-mail is there. It seems to be the first 3-5 lines.

Quite annoying when you need to go back over an e-mail for work.

anyone else have some insite into this?

11. Otterinaround

Otterinaround Lurker

My irritation comes from the stock email program reloading the oldest email in my list as new UNREAD mail! If you're expecting an important email such silliness wastes data and time. It only gets worse when you are international and spiking massive roam data charges. I certainly hope there's a fix to this seemingly MINOR detail.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews