1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S3 GT I9300 boot loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rudles, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Rudles

Rudles Newbie
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Male
    Healthcare
    Wrangell, Alaska
    Hello. Tried looking at the existing threads. No such luck.
    I managed to soft brick my Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. I tried flashing to Jellybean 4.1.2, no luck. Tried rolling back to ICS 4.0.4, no such luck. With both I get RESET in the box in Odin. I am unable to get into download mode with the keys but I am able to get it into download mode with MobileTechVideos' download mode jig.
    I live in Alaska and my carrier is GCI. A small carrier, not even listed among the carriers at SamMobile. I have called GCI tech support and they do not have a ROM available. My last ROM was Jellybean 4.3 snagged from Germany. I just want a ROM made for a US phone. Seems so simple but apparently not. I see ROMs for all other countries but NONE for the USA I9300.

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Hey mate. I dont think i can help but i know that you shouldnt roll backwards from 4.3.
    I dont know what to suggest but i suppose you have nothing to lose by trying some unbranded gt-i9300 4.3 firmwares from sammobile.
    The only problem might be the radio firmware (modem) but i honestly dont know.
    I have a hard time understanding how carriers work in the US in the first place but the fact that youre in alaska and on a global version of the phone maybe means youre immune to all the crap that goes with having a phone in the US. good luck :beer:

Rudles likes this.