• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy S3 I717 At&t soft brick help

Hi guys and thanks in advance for your help. I was attempting to root and install new Rom on the galaxy s3 At&t. I downloaded odin 3 and ran the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar package. The process failed and now the phone is saying that it needs to connect to Samsung kies. I supplied Odin messages
Any Help would mean a lot. Thanks.

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/007> Receive Response from boot-loader
<ID:0/007> <ID:0/007> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/007> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/007> cache.img<ID:0/007> Receive Response from boot-loader
<ID:0/007> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/007> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping.
.<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)

Will the phone boot all the way up or do you only have recovery and download mode that you can access?
Do you remember what version of Android you were on, 4.3,4.4.2?

It had android 4.2 I believe. I can double check in about 10 min. it only boots to the recovery screen and says there was an error during update and hook up to Samsung kies won't go any further. I am able to boot into the volume down home and power option

Upvote 0
If you received all the updates that AT&T pushed,you should have been at 4.4.2 NJ2. AT&T doesn't make available all its current firmware so Kies won't help.

You will need to flash a custom Recovery then a stock rooted rom or custom. With Knox you can't downgrade and I think the most current Sammobile has is 4.1.

Upvote 0
untitled.png

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Glad you got it working. Before you flash a custom rom I would update to the most current version 4.4.2 NJ2 to get the updated baseband, radio and modem software. You don't have to have a SD card,you can copy zips straight to phone. Easy way to root is to copy SuperSu zip to phone,flash TWRP with Odin then SuperSu zip with TWRP.

Upvote 0
Glad you got it working. Before you flash a custom rom I would update to the most current version 4.4.2 NJ2 to get the updated baseband, radio and modem software. You don't have to have a SD card,you can copy zips straight to phone. Easy way to root is to copy SuperSu zip to phone,flash TWRP with Odin then SuperSu zip with TWRP.[/QUOTE

Ok thanks for all your help it was great. last question, this isn't the phone I use so I don't have a SIM in it I don't think I can update the firmware over wifi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones