1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Galaxy S3 I9300 cannot receive SMS

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by yeahmon, Nov 5, 2012.

1. yeahmon

yeahmon Member

Dec 27, 2011
    This is a weird problem. For the past month, my SMS has been going nuts. It will work for a few days, then suddenly stop receiving SMS. I can send and people receive, but I cannot send to myself and receive. People send me SMS and I don't get them.

There is a quick fix that I discovered for this. I can take my SIM card, put it in another device, and it will dump my SMS messages to that device. It seems like it "clears" my SMS messages. I can then take the SIM card, put it back into my Galaxy S3, and all works well again for a few more days.

I bought the phone brand new in June. I started having problems around the middle of October.

I have completely restored the device to factory. (It is all factory ROM and not rooted anyway) ICS 4.0.4

I have made NO changes to anything to cause this to happen. ATT has been made aware of it. They say it's not on their end. I have Googled the issue, and others have the same issues, but I have found no solution.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea what may be causing this, and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement