• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 keeps on shutting off

Vegetto991

Jan 27, 2011
It just started today but every couple of minutes or if I shake or jolt my phone the phone shuts off, sometimes it wont even boot all the way. Ive also found that I can turn the phone on by pressing the screen and back on certain spots of the phone near the battery.

anyone? I just bought a new s3 battery just in case that was the problem should be here in a few days

I owned an S2 and it would turn off at times for no apparent reason. I discovered that the battery did not fit tightly. I cut a small piece off of a thin plastic collar stay (the little plastic piece that's inserted in the underside of the collar to keep it stiff) and inserted it between the battery and the battery slot to make for a tight fit. Problem solved.

Regards,
Michael

Upvote 0
I owned an S2 and it would turn off at times for no apparent reason. I discovered that the battery did not fit tightly. I cut a small piece off of a thin plastic collar stay (the little plastic piece that's inserted in the underside of the collar to keep it stiff) and inserted it between the battery and the battery slot to make for a tight fit. Problem solved.

Regards,
Michael

ive had the phone since January and this just started repeatedly today

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones