1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy s3 low battery warning.how can I dasable it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Terry51, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Terry51

Terry51 Member

How can I (if at all) disable the low battery warning on my Galaxy S3. It gets to be anoying after a while. .

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I cant remember if theres an option in the samsung settings but are you rooted?
    Id ask to get this moved to the s3 forum for better advice :thumbup:
    EDIT yeah i remember that noise lol :banghead::banghead:

3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Hi there, Terry51. I've moved this to the S3 board so fellow owners will have a better chance of seeing it.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. Terry51

Terry51 Member

Ok thanks.

5. Terry51

Terry51 Member

No not rooted and running OS 4.2.2

funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

Maybe using the app Light Flow and enabling a notification in it for low battery then making that notification silent would over ride it but thats just a guess mate.
    Unrooted, you dont really have a lot of options to get rid of system noises unless its in the settings :(

7. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

some custom ROMs give the option between having it on, customizing when it appears, or turning it off entirely (Carbon ROM does this). unfortunately, if you're running it down that far you're actually harming the Li-ion battery in there. they lose capacity if you let them drain below 25%, and if i'm not mistaken, the warning comes up at 15%. at that point, your phone will be dead in 15 or 30 minutes anyway, so why not just plug it in?

8. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

Yes they do, but he is not rooted! If Terry51 wants stuff like this to be addressed then the only real way is to root and use something like Xposed framework which is really easy to install (can be done in the OS its an .apk so it doesn't need to be flashed in recovery) and then download so called modules from within the Xposed app, Wanam's Xposed module has dozens of tweaks, amongst them enabling call recording, turning off battery notification, change battery style and colour and many more.

Best of all this combo is absolutely free and works on pretty much any TW based ROM - I think there is also a framework for non-TW ROMs, not 100% certain though.

9. funkylogik

Xposed works fine on aosp mate.
    Just not on 4.4 when running in ART :(
    P.s, i think nick is wrong about the battery thing.
    Afaik its fine to run them down until the phone shuts down (otherwise the phone would be made to shut down at 25% and 25% would be shown as 0% lol) :thumbup:
    P.p.s, if rooted you could simply remove or rename the annoying sound file from the phone :beer:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews