• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s3 (MetroPCS) HELP!

illyab2009

Lurker
Aug 2, 2013
hi everyone.
im new to this website, so my apologies if i posted in the wrong forum(couldnt find a metroPCS forum for galaxy s3).

ok, to get straight to the point, i rooted my phone and flashed cm 10.1.2 and it's working great!
today, i got a text from metroPCS(611) saying this exact quote,
"MetroPCS has attempted to send an important software update
to your phone. Please go to a MetroPCS store or accept Update prior
to 8/11/13 to retain data speeds"

ok, so my data speeds are currently excellent(at around 8Mb/s).
but, i noticed that on my stock metropcs rom i had LTE:14 and on the CM 10.1.2 rom i have LTE:13
is this the update they are talking about, and is it going to affect me in any way?

please help out a noob in need! lol thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum:wavey:

I can't really go into to much detail myself as I don't have your variant but the rule of thumb if you're running a custom rom is don't except any stock ota updates as it can really mess up your phone. Do you have the gsm or cdma version of the metro gs3? We have a forum dedicated to rooting either variant so I'll be happy to move the thread over to one of them where other members will be better equipped to help you out than me:)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
hi everyone.
im new to this website, so my apologies if i posted in the wrong forum(couldnt find a metroPCS forum for galaxy s3).

ok, to get straight to the point, i rooted my phone and flashed cm 10.1.2 and it's working great!
today, i got a text from metroPCS(611) saying this exact quote,
"MetroPCS has attempted to send an important software update
to your phone. Please go to a MetroPCS store or accept Update prior
to 8/11/13 to retain data speeds"

ok, so my data speeds are currently excellent(at around 8Mb/s).
but, i noticed that on my stock metropcs rom i had LTE:14 and on the CM 10.1.2 rom i have LTE:13
is this the update they are talking about, and is it going to affect me in any way?

please help out a noob in need! lol thanks!

I had a slightly older model Samsung SCH-R910 that I brought to be upgraded. The firmware goes from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 - but it bricked my phone. Went round and round with MetroPCS - they finally capitulated and replaced my phone.

Check out My Blog for the whole sordid tale. It went so far as me having to file complaints with both the Federal Communication Commission and the Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones