1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S3 Motherboard seal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gtp10, Dec 9, 2013.

1. gtp10

gtp10 Lurker

I purchased a replacement screen/LCD for my i535 on Ebay which was supposed to be OEM including pretty much all of the internals but unfortunately didn't come as pictured.
    I removed everything from my old frame but noticed the new one didn't have the silicone type seal where the motherboard meets the frame.
    Would anyone know if that material is some sort of a conductive seal where the motherboard surface meets? I probably shouldn't have but laid very fine lines of silicone where the factory "silicone" was supposed to be.
    After assembly my signal is going up and down, searching, going to Verizon to Extended.
    My question is would that seal have had something to do with the motherboard making a necessary connection to the frame for reception?

Thank you for any input.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Probably not, but the frame of the screen could be shorting to something, affecting the signal. Or you could have moved something (even something tiny that you didn't see), affecting the signal reception. You could even have moved or disconnected an antenna without realizing it.

That's why I advise people that if the repair involves opening the phone, they should pay to have it done.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews