• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 news and more !!

This is Incredible!! It is only days away. I already registered. Will make the wife and mom register as well! I'm wondering how they are going to announce the winners since it says:

"WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Samsung Galaxy S III Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 1095, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests must be received by November 2, 2012."

So i'm very confused atm. Can someone clarify for me?

Upvote 0
This is Incredible!! It is only days away. I already registered. Will make the wife and mom register as well! I'm wondering how they are going to announce the winners since it says:

"WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Samsung Galaxy S III Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 1095, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests must be received by November 2, 2012."

So i'm very confused atm. Can someone clarify for me?

Im sure you would get an email or a phone call if you won.

Upvote 0
Contests are required to disclose winners so that you know they're honest and not fixed.

Terms for winner disclosure are separate from contest terms.

You have to request by Nov 2 if you want a copy of the winners list. Doesn't say when you will actually receive that info.

Thanks, this info really helped clear things up for me. I had no idea! :D

Doing the happy dance .....lol but wow .....I like what I see...I bet a lot of people going to buy this phone and I bet a lot of persons going to switch over to metropcs

I hope enough people buy this phone. This would increase our chances of getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 or any other high end device! I see a bright future for MetroPCS 'IF' they keep improving while not hurting their customers.

Upvote 0
Maybe now, uneducated morons will quit hating on metro and stop using the phrase from 10 years ago, "yeah it's cheap but good luck getting service". I'm so sick of seeing idiots saying that. All they are trying to do is justify their 100 dollars a month contract cell phone bill. And the fact that someone can pay 40 a month, get amazing phones, first to lte and get good data speeds just doesn't sit well with them so they gotta hate on the one thing that sucked about metro when they first came out over ten years ago. Lol

Sorry. Went on a rant there.

And to the haters here talking trash cause they are butt hurt they don't have the money to buy the phone, take it somewhere else. Let us be happy that we are getting the best phone on the market. It's not anyones fault you can't afford it but don't talk ridiculous trash because of it. Yes something better well be out soon. We don't care. We care about the S3.

Regardless, it's almost here. Being an ADULT it's hard to get excited about things and i for one am giddy as a 13yo school girl.

Upvote 0
Maybe now, uneducated morons will quit hating on metro and stop using the phrase from 10 years ago, "yeah it's cheap but good luck getting service". I'm so sick of seeing idiots saying that. All they are trying to do is justify their 100 dollars a month contract cell phone bill. And the fact that someone can pay 40 a month, get amazing phones, first to lte and get good data speeds just doesn't sit well with them so they gotta hate on the one thing that sucked about metro when they first came out over ten years ago. Lol

Sorry. Went on a rant there.

And to the haters here talking trash cause they are butt hurt they don't have the money to buy the phone, take it somewhere else. Let us be happy that we are getting the best phone on the market. It's not anyones fault you can't afford it but don't talk ridiculous trash because of it. Yes something better well be out soon. We don't care. We care about the S3.

Regardless, it's almost here. Being an ADULT it's hard to get excited about things and i for one am giddy as a 13yo school girl.

Thanks fuzzy well said let the good times roll

Upvote 0
Lol. I bet that after the phone comes out for Metro, people will look at the "MetroPCS" logo on the back of my lil' baby and say: Why'd you put a MetroPOS logo on your phone? Or is that like a cheap china version of the S3 for MetroPOS? - Actual word used by some of my friends "MetroPOS" lmaooo. Cracks me up every time I have service somewhere they don't. And I be like, you mad bro?

Upvote 0
Can't wait to have that white jooooosyness in my hands. Yes I'm taking about a phone. :p

You getting the white one? I'm kinda second guessing that decision since 'to me' it looks sorta cheap looking. My co-worker has a pebble blue and it looks nice. But then again, I've only seen the white in photos. So yeah, I might change my mind once I can see it/touch it. It is sooo slim though. I love it! Specially with all the neat things you can do with the phone. I will probably run CM10 immediately, as long as I can get a not-so-dark-theme going on. I would definately love to buy the Red color S3 but I doubt Metro will come out with those colors. I'm guessing white/pebble blue right off the bat. We'll see!:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
You getting the white one? I'm kinda second guessing that decision since 'to me' it looks sorta cheap looking. My co-worker has a pebble blue and it looks nice. But then again, I've only seen the white in photos. So yeah, I might change my mind once I can see it/touch it. It is sooo slim though. I love it! Specially with all the neat things you can do with the phone. I will probably run CM10 immediately, as long as I can get a not-so-dark-theme going on. I would definately love to buy the Red color S3 but I doubt Metro will come out with those colors. I'm guessing white/pebble blue right off the bat. We'll see!:smokingsomb:

The blue is too plain. The white may look cheap but it's cleaner than a nun on Sunday.

Plus a put cases on my phones so cheap feeling doesn't bother me. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones