1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support galaxy s3 power button problems & others

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by delarob, Jul 26, 2013.

1. delarob

delarob Lurker

Hello , stumble up in this website doing a google search glad I did..anyhow..

I bought a used galaxy s3 is 100% mint almost everything works perfect except sometimes the Power button wont work and when pressed the Shut down, restart dialog box pops up then after that the button dont work , I have to wait for the screen timer to sleep and hit the Home button then the power button works again for a few minutes.

also the screen turns on by itself for a few minutes and when phone is off and I plug the charger the phone vibrates a few times and automaticly turns on by itself.

I openend the phone and see no water damage, I then went and looked at the mother board all around it and no signs of Corrosion, water damage indicators are White, no signs of damaged.

anyone know of what can be the problem with it?

Advertisement

2. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

Hi there

Hate to be the doom harbinger, but that sounds to me like hardware problem.

I had my fair share of Home and Power buttons problems, mostly on my iOS devices :D
    While the software updates usually fix them, it was always short lived happiness, and things would get back to normal in a matter of hours, sometimes minutes.

If you don't want to take the phone to service, you might try to find some YT video on Power Button replacement, and get spare one off e-bay, or some other site.
    Sorry can't be of more help.

3. delarob

delarob Lurker

thanks for your reply, I think that's what im going to do then send it to repair since the phone has warranty by samsung , is this a mother board replacement or just a button replacement?

4. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

5. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast

widgetoid (in the market), create a widget on your homecreen with the "lock screen" option. It works sometimes but it will usually take you to the lock screen but at least the lock screen time out is much shorter then the homescreen.