1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S3 - Reflash - Not recognized on Win 7

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by noob from down under, Mar 4, 2016.

1. noob from down under

None

Mar 4, 2016
    Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, but I was really hoping I could get some help!

I have had my Galaxy s3 for ~2 years, swapped batteries a few times. Never dropped it or had water damage, very good with it and careful. Recently (~2-4 months) my phone started acting funny, I mean it's been on the decline for a while but this was bad. I kept getting a notification 'Unfortunately .com.android.settings has stopped working' whenever I would try to open settings or use other applications that would ask to use location etc. So.

I wanted to fix this issue and tried to do a factory reset, big mistake. My phone is now bricked I believe. I turn it on, it boots up, samsung logo n all, then it pops up this dang notification "Unfortunately .com.android.settings has stopped working". Still. Even if I click okay it just comes back. So now I want to 'reflash' my phone, but I can't even get it recognized on my PC. I have a Windows 7 OS and I have it plugged in (my phone) and I updated the drivers. I can find the Android Device in the 'Device Manager' and it is listed as "SAMSUNG Android phone" and it provides another name "SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface". The ADB interface claims that it is working properly.

So I guess I'm just lost and asking for help. Firstly I need to get my device recognized again and after that I can follow instructions that I found for doing a flash reset. Can anybody help? I would appreciate it a ton.

Thanks for your time guys :)

Advertisement

2. noob from down under

None

Mar 4, 2016
    Here is another window that I just noticed popped up after doing driver updates manually from the samsung site

Attached Files:

• 111.png
      111.png
      File size:
      262.9 KB
      Views:
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Have you got Kies installed, because I believe that does have the drivers it requires.

4. noob from down under

None

Mar 4, 2016
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out right now.

5. noob from down under

None

Mar 4, 2016
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh boy. "Device driver was not installed successfully" Now using the device and hardware trouble shooting, it is unable to install the driver after having found it online.. Pretty much just said error for each one. Life sucks. Any other guesses for me? :eek::thinking:

6. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male