1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S3 T-Mobile Water Spill

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by justjack20, Dec 29, 2012.

1. justjack20

justjack20 Lurker

I spilled water on my Galaxy S3 when I was removing the SIM card, but it was only a little.

Because it was only a little bit, I didn't really think much of it. When I turned the phone on, the screen was black, BUT the sound, touch, and everything else works perfectly fine. I just can't see anything.

I put the phone and battery into a bag of rice. It's been in there for about 2 hours.

I don't have warranty on the phone, and I would feel completely devastated if I cause my parents to buy me a new phone or repair this one.

I have a few questions:
    1. Would I have short-circuited something by turning on the phone?
    2. Because I have no warranty, and it's only the screen that isn't working, how much am I looking at for repairs, an estimate maybe?
    3. I am rooted so if I do send the phone for repairs, would they still accept it? I mean it's nothing to do with software, I assume, just hardware.

Thank you in advance to everyone that is able to answer the questions!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andrejhoward

andrejhoward Newbie

First off sorry man I have been there.

To answer the questions. I've never seen a digitzer assembly cheaper than 200 bucks.

And if the screen is just black that is most likely the part to be replaced.

if it were just the glass cracked you'd get away with a lot cheaper but the LCD itself is quite expensive.

With all the S3 dying lately I would call Samusng and tell them it died. They may actually fix it for you since they are doing so many right now you could squeeze through with a little luck.

Good Luck.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews