1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S3 texting problems (with picture only)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yuppicide, Jan 6, 2014.

1. yuppicide

yuppicide Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2013
    A co-worker of mine has a Samsung Galaxy S3. They say they haven't changed anything. I looked and they are still running Android 4.2.2.

Sometime recently, maybe over the weekend their phone won't send any text messages with a picture. A text message without picture goes through fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? I believe they are on Verizon.

I believe receiving pictures works fine, as I've seen some.

Attached is a screenshot. They tell me those buttons next to the picture were not there before. When you click the button to send it says "Sending..." and that's it. It will stay there until you long press and delete that message.

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. yuppicide

yuppicide Newbie
    None

Apr 30, 2013
    Solved through a Google Search which lead me to these forums. Turned off Wi-Fi and it worked. Pretty crappy, though, since this person had the phone a long time before it started acting up. Going to Verizon she says they're not very helpful.. once they sell you the phone they don't care.

3. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    Male
    The Lawn Star (Owner/Operator)
    Virginia
    LOL I was going to say the phone was on WiFi, but most of the time when you send a MMS message the phone will switch over to 3G or LTE to send the picture then go back on to WiFi when it's completed.