1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy s3 water damage battery disconnected

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by JoJos13, Jun 27, 2016.

  1. JoJos13

    JoJos13 Lurker
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    15
    Posts:
    6
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2016

    Jun 27, 2016
    6
    0
    15
    Male
    Alright so on saturday at like 3 in the morning I went to bed and put my phone on the charger and when I go to bed I usually have a cup with a lid on it with water or lemonade and this one had lemonade in it and the cup and phone are a few feet away. But while I was sleeping I accidently threw my pillow off of my bed and it knocked the cup over to the phone and tipped over on it. And I ended up waking up like 2-3 hours later and heard my phone beeping and it the light flashing red and I saw that the phone was a little wet so I hurried up and cleaned it off. But after I cleaned the inside and the outside of the phone it wouldn't charge, it said battery disconnected.

    So what Im wondering is if the battery is just the problem or the phone because the phone was charged to 80 percent and it still worked just fine it just wasn't letting it charge. And when I looked at the water damage mark in the phone the X's were pink but the battery looks fine. So Im trying to figure out if it is just a new battery that I need or do I need a new phone? I let the phone sit in a bag of rice for like 19 hours and the sd card and the battery but it still wont let it charge.

    I think it would just be the battery that is broken if it wont let it charge but the rest of the phone still works. But I need some experts in this field to help me out. Much appreciated
     

    Advertisement

  2. mikedt

    mikedt 你好
    Rank:
     #6
    Points:
    2,238
    Posts:
    24,619
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2010

    Sep 22, 2010
    24,619
    13,625
    2,238
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Might have been better if it was just water. Problem with lemonade, i.e. soda, it's full of sugar and crap, and can be quite corrosive to electronics, in addition to the short circuits from the icky sticky sweet residue of course. Might be looking at a new logic board at least, and very likely beyond economic repair, especially something as old as an S3.
     

Share This Page

Loading...