• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

425756af-84f9-56e3.jpg

I'll be murdered if she finds out I was bragging on my beautiful girls.

Upvote 0
I'm still trying to figure out why my baby called me. Something about someone stealing his raft. hmmmmm

TREEEEEEBBBB

Where is your secretary ?

Ok...sorry I'm back. Had to put granny in the car as she was being a real stiff !! Glad that problem is dead & buried :
4a5e7055.jpg

Ok...somebody beer me !! Steaks ready yet ?

Upvote 0
Anyone here running Light Flow on their S3?

I have it... I don't love it yet. It's ah, ok.... nothing great.

I am still working with Elixer2 which I love, but IDK, maybe I will switch to tasker. I don't have the NFC stickers yet, so that doesn't matter.

Big Daddy X... Thinking of rooting my 8.9.... I love the switcher idea, and yes, it must be rooted.
We shall see......

Upvote 0
Someone needs to explain how tasker works.. before I have too many dips in the pool!

The concept is simple when you look at it.

If condition (and condition) : (or not condition) then do this (and this)....
When exciting condition do this (and this)...

So, for example I have one to say that

IF

1) I should receive an SMS
2) From Toma
3) Where contents are '911'

THEN

1) Send message back saying 'received'
2) Turn up volume to max
3) Speak a message
4) Put an alert notification on my notification bar.

Reactions: kymberlin
Upvote 0
I have it... I don't love it yet. It's ah, ok.... nothing great.

I am still working with Elixer2 which I love, but IDK, maybe I will switch to tasker. I don't have the NFC stickers yet, so that doesn't matter.

Big Daddy X... Thinking of rooting my 8.9.... I love the switcher idea, and yes, it must be rooted.
We shall see......

It comes down to what you want your phone to do functionally, Elixir 2 is a good start just to get some decent toggle buttons in a widget.

Tasker is good for automating everything else. Ring volume, gps, wifi, silent/vibrate and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Look into what apps are capable of what functions and decide what you want to make use of :)

Upvote 0
The concept is simple when you look at it.

If condition (and condition) : (or not condition) then do this (and this)....
When exciting condition do this (and this)...

So, for example I have one to say that

IF

1) I should receive an SMS
2) From Toma
3) Where contents are '911'

THEN

1) Send message back saying 'received'
2) Turn up volume to max
3) Speak a message
4) Put an alert notification on my notification bar.

Ah.. Nicely done!
Nicely done I do say!

Reactions: Rachel A
Upvote 0
Thanks bud.

It would be nice to turn on and off wifi. Silence and full volume. Silent at home full when I leave for work until returning. Screen adjustment like make it darker when I'm home at about 10 pm. Let the alarm over ride silent. That's all I can think of now.

You can do all that with an NFC profile and a few stickers.

For instance I have a sticker on my front door that:
Turns off wifi
Turns on mobile data
Turns on auto sync
Turns brightness upto 100%
Turns volume upto 100%

Then one in side that does:
Turns on wifi
Turns off mobile data
Turns off auto sync
Turns brightness down to 20%
Turns volume upto 30%

Then I have my sleeping tag
Turns everything off (on a toggle so swiping again in the AM turns everything back on)

Upvote 0
Thanks bud.

It would be nice to turn on and off wifi. Silence and full volume. Silent at home full when I leave for work until returning. Screen adjustment like make it darker when I'm home at about 10 pm. Let the alarm over ride silent. That's all I can think of now.

Elixer2 will take care of that.

It comes down to what you want your phone to do functionally, Elixir 2 is a good start just to get some decent toggle buttons in a widget.

Tasker is good for automating everything else. Ring volume, gps, wifi, silent/vibrate and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Look into what apps are capable of what functions and decide what you want to make use of :)

Well said Guide Master X .... Damn, we are just full of knowledge today! Well, some of us.... (clearing my throat) are just full of ..... TREEEEEB what is floating in my pool !

Reactions: XplosiV
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones