• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

* grabs a glass of wine*

* my bet.... is on Rachel....*

Mine too...

uploadfromtaptalk1348790320150.jpg

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
It's getting chilly in the mountains and it's starting to snow some. Hiking season is over... I'll be snowboarding in a month:rock: My favorite time of year is about to start:D

In the interim.. I've got NFL:)

I have a friend I ride with that skis in the winter. Bad dude I say. 60 and can out ride me any day. Did 184 miles with him. Kicked my bleep...... rides all summer to keep the winter tone.

Upvote 0
Well, today's been fun.

More miracles, less spinny things. Oh, and my Hard Disk on my home PC announced today that it's going to die on me. Guess that means I'll be replacing it this weekend and reinstalling Windows AGAIN........ Although I have several layers of backups I decided to copy everything over to my space external drive. Not sure why know since that's ALSO telling me its corrupted.

Now I'm hungry. Pizza tonight.

Hopefully a short day tomorrow - I can live in dreams!

Onwards :)

Need some hole madness tonight. Who's up?

Acronis? As long as the HDs not DEAD dead, it might be able to salvage your windows install. I've used it many a time. Acronis it to the new drive, swap it with the old, select it in the BIOS and call it a day! :D

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
Thought about that, but to be honest its going to be simpler to redo it. I know I could also potentially repartition around the offending sectors, but it's not worth fighting for.

I've been fighting problems for 10 months now and am still no nearer an answer. From what I can tell it's not memory related because I've run multiple tests, and it's not CPU bound but, my PC has a desire to just seize for up to an hour. A reboot always brings it back to life.

Rather than continue to fight, I think I will take the opportunity to drop a solid state drive in for Windows, then mirror a couple of disks for user data.

The disk is 3 years old now and a replacement won't cost that much.

Thanks for the advice though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones