• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jordyon

Lurker
Jan 27, 2014
Can someone help me? I just got a galaxy s3 and I believe its at&t, but its supposed to be unlocked. Is there any way I can use it on my verizon plan?
Also, the girl doesn't remember the passcode pattern, so we figured wed do a factory reset. Ill hole in the volume up, power, and menu buttons until I feel a vibration, but all that comes up is a black screen with blue words, but there's no wipe/reset option. Just reboot, and stuff like that. Im so lost. Please help!

Moved on over to the galaxy s3 forums.

What blue writing are you seeing when you try to boot into recovery? How long are you holding volume up power and home for?

To my knowledge, even though Verizon uses sim cards now, that's just for their 4g lte technology. I don't believe a verizon sim will work.

Also if I'm not mistaken, if you enter the wrong code too many times, it should ask you to sign in to the Google account associated with the device to reset a lock code.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones