1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S4 4.4.2 problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PKPC, Oct 8, 2014.

1. PKPC

PKPC Lurker

Hi there ladies and gents

Hope you're all well. I had a few problems recently with my S4 and the legends here sorted it for me, so I'm hoping someone will direct to the solution in my current problem :-(

Firstly:

AP: I9505XXUGNG8
    CP: I9505XXUGNG8
    CSC: I9505BTUGNG2

Model - GT-i9505
    Android Version - 4.4.2

As above, I am running 4.4.2 on my S4, and a month or two ago I did the automatic update when I got the prompt to. I was in Singapore, not sure if that will have any bearing on it but I doubt it.

So anyway, after the update, my phone has been acting ridiculous. For example, when locked and trying to unlock, sometimes the screen won't react. I will press the unlock button and it won't sense the pattern I'm drawing to unlock it. That I can deal with, as I just press the button again to turn the screen off and after a second or two press it again and it seems to jerk it back to life.

However the thing that is really getting to me, is the fact that it restarts itself intermittently, especially during phone calls. It will just turn off and restart, no warning or anything. It does this practically every call I am on, whether I've just picked up or am 30 mins into a conference call.

What I was wondering is if anyone else has had problems like I am facing, and if so what was your solution?

If not, I was wondering if there's any way through KIES or any other way to restore an older update on to my S4 as the previous update ran perfectly. FWIW the phone is unrooted.

Thank you all in advance.

PKPC

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Who's your carrier?

3. PKPC

PKPC Lurker

Hi

My carrier is virgin mobile, who is an MVNO for EE or TMobile.

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

In the first instance, I would suggest wiping the cache partition as per #1.2 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide.

Failing that, you could go for a Factory Data Reset, as per post #2 of the above link.

As a last resort, you can download and flash your stock firmware via Odin, (see link), by following the instructions in #2.6 of the guide.

Model: GT-I9505
    Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 2309103
    Build date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:16:57 +0000
    Product Code: BTU
    PDA: I9505XXUGNG8
    CSC: I9505BTUGNG2
    MODEM: I9505XXUGNG8

5. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

Have you tried doing a manual check for updates. Reason I ask is that T-Mobile has a 4.4.4 update available.

6. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Android 4.4.4 is not available yet on CSC code BTU for the United Kingdom, or on any International model. ;)

7. PKPC

PKPC Lurker

Hi there everyone

Firstly thank you for your help, and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I had to spend most of last month abroad for work and have only just got back so I thought I'd try it.

Did not use Kies, instead have Helium installed so backed up all the data, and flashed the firmware with the old one I had from SM using Odin. It's only been a few minutes, and I have had a few unfortunately XYZ has stopped but once I have disabled or cleared the data it all seems stable. The only time will tell is tomorrow or when I have a phone call.

If all fails, I will just factory reset everything in the hope that it works out. Failing that, will be back on here pouring my broken heart out in another thread!

Thank you all once again.

PKPC

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews