• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 Cases and covers!

Maybe sure to give us a review and pictures of the screen protector

I'll try to remember. I just installed a plastic one, without any dust under it! I seem to be terrible at getting screen protectors on cleanly! I finally get on on clean, and buy a glass one!

I wish I could install the glass over the plastic! ;)

Supposedly the glass ones are much easier to install. I chose one with beveled edges, etc. It's a Nuglas brand.

Upvote 0
Nuglas tempered glass protector came today. Just installed it. Sorry, no pics. It came with everything needed, even an alcohol wipe. Installation was simple. One corner was a little slow to adhere. The rest of it smoothed out itself mostly. I squeegeed out a couple of spots. Feels great, very slick and smooth. Sensitivity is much greater than plastic. My AUG case went back on with no interference. Hope to not drop test it anytime soon. Seems well worth the $10.50 price I paid.

*One thing that quickly became apparent, the home button is now recessed into the glass and takes a little more effort to find and press. Not problematic by any means, just different.

*Home button being recessed is a non-issue for me so far. Glass stays so much cleaner than before. I leave no fingerprints, except one time when I touched it with wet hands. Glass is very smooth and slick. I love the sensitivity.

Upvote 0
Finally picked up a Spigen Neo case. Looks nice, but overall I'm not impressed. Doesn't seem to offer as much protection as the UAG. Doesn't fit nearly as snug as I think it should and I'd prefer a slightly taller lip around the face of the phone. It's also very slippery, I don't think I've ever had a case with less grip on it. I think the slick band makes it feel very slippery. Buttons, especially the wake button on the right, work well. Maybe too well, as I'm constantly turning it on when I don't mean to. I don't see myself using this case. I have no faith in it all all to protect my phone in a drop. Beyond looking nice, and being small and sleek, I don't see any value in the Neo case.

Upvote 0
I have an Otterbox Defender for my Galaxy S4. However, it is now FILTHY and I can't figure out a way to clean it (the silicon part, not the screen). Anyone know what might work??? It went from being a bright raspberry to a very gross raspberry. I've tried a number of random cleaning solutions including a Magic Eraser, and no luck. My work phone is an iPhone and the Otterbox on that much be a different material, because it is still the same color it was when I bought it. ANY/ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED. Thank you!
Did you try Clorox wipes? No it will not bleach it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones