• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 Constantly downloading when connected to wifi

Dresden697

Lurker
Jun 12, 2013
Noticed today that my new gs4 is almost always downloading something when connected to wifi. No data transfer at all when running on mobile data. When i look at wifi settings i can see that it is scanning for networks almost at the same interval that the orange dl arrow comes un. Its on for a sec then off for a sec. really annoying..so is it the scanning that is making the orange arrow appear? and why would it be scanning constantly if i have 4 bars and already connected to wifi??? thx for help

I have noticed the same thing on my S4 on Verizon. The WiFi download arrow is constantly on and/or flashing. No app is running and no update download is occurring. (I used task manager to close all apps and the "Notifications" screen tells me when an update is occuring, or has occurred recently.) According to the Data Usage meter, it has downloaded almost 4 GIGABYTES of something other than app data and updates in four weeks!

I do not see the upload arow flashing. Does anyone know what is going on?

Upvote 0
I have noticed the same thing on my S4 on Verizon. The WiFi download arrow is constantly on and/or flashing. No app is running and no update download is occurring. (I used task manager to close all apps and the "Notifications" screen tells me when an update is occuring, or has occurred recently.) According to the Data Usage meter, it has downloaded almost 4 GIGABYTES of something other than app data and updates in four weeks!

I do not see the upload arow flashing. Does anyone know what is going on?

when you set up your s4, did you choose for google to auto save pictures, or dropbox? They will upload your pics in the background, usually only when connected to wifi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones