• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition Android 4.3 OTA rolling out now.

Medion

Android Expert
Aug 14, 2010
Auburn, WA
Google has begun pushing out the OTA for the S4 and One GPE models as of last night. This is 9 days after announcement and at a time when most Nexus owners still have not received the update. That is pretty much a simultaneous push.

I've heard of a few changes for our model. Confirmed changes include;

Settings background now has stock gradient instead of flat black. I preferred the black for oled battery savings.

Bluetooth data tethering has been enabled.

Icon size slightly increased for shortcuts on the home screen.

I will report back when I get my update. Looking forward to seeing if they fixed the LTE reset issue.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Google has begun pushing out the OTA for the S4 and One GPE models as of last night. This is 9 days after announcement and at a time when most Nexus owners still have not received the update. That is pretty much a simultaneous push.

I've heard of a few changes for our model. Confirmed changes include;

Settings background now has stock gradient instead of flat black. I preferred the black for oled battery savings.

Bluetooth data tethering has been enabled.

Icon size slightly increased for shortcuts on the home screen.

I will report back when I get my update. Looking forward to seeing if they fixed the LTE reset issue.

What LTE issue?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is this a TMO issue or a&t? Or both?

Fugues mine is on the way!

It is a logic error in a phone setting. It disabled LTE regardless of carrier. If you do not get the 4.3 update right away, just follow the advice in the thread that I linked.

Amyway, I can confirm that in addition to the changes in the first post, I have observed the following in the 4.3 update;

LTE bug is fixed :)
When hitting the menu button on the home screen there is a new option for Help under system settings.

Upvote 0
It is a logic error in a phone setting. It disabled LTE regardless of carrier. If you do not get the 4.3 update right away, just follow the advice in the thread that I linked.

Amyway, I can confirm that in addition to the changes in the first post, I have observed the following in the 4.3 update;

LTE bug is fixed :)
When hitting the menu button on the home screen there is a new option for Help under system settings.

Awesome info! Thank u very much.

We shall see Monday when I get mine, my cruzerlite cases already arrived do I'm ready to roll!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones