1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S4 keyboard messing up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HavinFaith, Jun 14, 2017.

1. HavinFaith

HavinFaith Lurker

3 days ago my aunt's cat pushed my Samsung Galaxy S4 into the toilet in the bathroom. The cat loves pushing the door open and walking in uninvited. I was washing my hands and getting ready to dry them when she decided to push it off into the toilet. The top half only landed in the water, the rest of it didn't. Going to save you the details on what it fell in. I had it in a bag of rice off and on except for last night and all day yesterday, I left it in the bag without touching it. I put the battery back in today and it came on like brand new, the sound and everything. But after a little bit of it being on, the keyboard has gotten to where it takes up to 2 minutes to register I typed anything, it opens the sub menu like I did a long press on a letter and then inserts a symbol. When I erase a letter, it erases the entire sentence, or I have to press a letter more than once before it inserts it. It takes me up to 30 minutes to type out a message and send it to anyone. What can I do to fix this to where it is working like it should?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews