• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy s4. kitkat 4.4.4. so many problems

A

Android Question

After upgrading to the 4.4.4 my s4 began to have so many issues. First one being the battery it drains so fast now. Yes I have power saving mode on, yes blue tooth, wifi and sync are off. My battery eventually swelled up and looked like it was about to pop. Bought a new battery and the battery drain hasnt gotten any better. My battery usuage screen states it is the "screen" that is using up most of power. Kinda weird since i dont use my phone a lot. Just sits in my pocket. It will lose 30% in 4 hrs just sitting there.

The other issue i have is that I cant access the options menu from the swipe down screen. Its in the top right corner. It allows you to turn on certain phone features. When i touch it nothing happens. It just makes the "bloop" noise when its touched.

Did a cache wipe. Nothing. Did 2 factory resets. Nothing. Kitkat 4.4.4 has seriously ****** my phone up. I dont have any extra downloaded apps. Just the one that came with my phone. What do i do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones