• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s4 parts

Danief

Lurker
Mar 27, 2016
Hi, I've got an s4 with the old "SIM card not detected" problem. I've tried almost everything to fix it but I'm still open to suggestions. My real reason for writing today is that I'm not sure if I should sell my s4 as is with original packaging, or if I should open it and sell it for parts. I know the screen is worth at least 100. Do you guys know what other parts I could sell? Or if I should just sell it all together?

I don't have any opinion on whether you should sell it as a unit or gut it for parts but just to confirm, I hope you have done a Factory Reset to wipe your personal info? Best to enable encryption, then do a Reset. That will make the user partition for the most part immune to data recovery utilities.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones