• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 Resale value with screen problem

GunzNRoses123

Lurker
Apr 26, 2016
I've read around how people can buy old semi/fully broken phones for spare parts. My s4 (ironically i made a post about it having damage from sunscreen about an hour ago) has screen damage. the LCD is blotchy in 2 points on the phone screen. If i decide to sell this, what could i possibly get as in cash for its resale.

I've researched it and apparently since the s6 came out last year, the resale value for parts has dropped 20% so i'm not expecting like sale price but not like $5 either. the screen is ****ed and i don't think i could get much for that but the motherboard and the internals, ram and other shit, could go for bank!

What is the resale value for the s4 currently as of 2016
And
what is the better thing, sell the phone whole? Or tear it open and sell parts that way?

Cheers! -KT

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones