• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 hangs on logo screen

ja1124

Lurker
Feb 14, 2020
This is a Sprint phone. Phone shows the "Samsung Galaxy S4" logo, but does not boot up.

Most of the time it will not enter hard recovery mode (Volume Up + Power + Home), although it has at least once since the issue began. However, performing a factory reset did not resolve the issue.

The phone will enter download mode (Volume Down + Power). Using Odin 3.09 on a Windows pc, I flashed the stock rom (found here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657577654), and the file seems to flash fine. I get a "Pass" on Odin. However, after flashing the phone still hangs on the logo, and after a few minutes the screen goes black.

I would like to try flashing the pit file. However, I am not sure how to find it. I extracted all of the files from the tar.md5 file and there are no files within it with a pit extension.

I had to replace the digitizer assembly on this phone, and since performing that repair, the phone has run hot. Disassembling and adding thermal paste has helped reduce some of the heat, but it still seems hotter than it was before the repair.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-16 140929.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-16 140929.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
dude it is an s4......i think it is time for an upgrade......LOL

and i would get and samsung firmware update from Sammobile/firmware

just make sure you download the correct firmware update specifically made for your model of s4......there are a ton f variants and each firmware are device specific.....so make sure you have the correct one or you can soft brick your phone.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones