• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 - switching itself from MUTE to SOUND

Gatrnol

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
Over the last couple/few weeks I've noticed that my phone will all of a sudden give me notification sounds when at work - after I've made sure the sound was on MUTE each morning. I then check the phone only to find that it's switched to SOUND from MUTE.

With apps updating all the time, I've no idea which one might be the culprit (but it's my assumption that it likely is an app to begin with).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have moved this thread to the Galaxy S4 forum to get some better assistance from users that have more experience with your device.

Hope this helps :)

------------------------------------------

Have you checked to make sure your phone isn't rebooting itself, this could cause the sound to revert back to being on.

Upvote 0
I have moved this thread to the Galaxy S4 forum to get some better assistance from users that have more experience with your device.

Hope this helps :)

------------------------------------------

Have you checked to make sure your phone isn't rebooting itself, this could cause the sound to revert back to being on.

Thanks.

No, it's not rebooting. Perhaps it's easier to just enable blocking mode!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones