• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 unchangable issues

A

Android Question

Samsung Galaxy S4
SCH-R970
Android 4.3
U.S. Cellular

I received an S4 as a replacement for an S3 that had serious reception issues; on face value it appeared to be an improvement, however there are some things I cannot modify that are beyond annoying.
1. The new pop up text and missed call notifications on the lock screen, I can change the preview of the text message, however the missed call still identifies the caller, call me quirky but what is the purpose of a lock screen, was I under the mistaken assumption that it was in fact privacy? What idiot thought that this forced notification was something that should be a mandatory change, the very least should have made it an option, I do not recall seeing masses of blogs about requesting this intrusion, and that is exactly what it is, apparently someone has determined that I am not allowed to have a

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones