1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Galaxy S4 volume button always prioritizing ringtone volume?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by livinwinin, Nov 24, 2013.

1. livinwinin

livinwinin Member

Nov 24, 2013
    When I use the sound button (hardware button) on my S4, the ringtone volume level gets changed, and if I want to change the music, movie and media volume level, I got to click the settings button that appears when I change my ringtone volume. Now, while I listen to music, or already is watching a movie, this doesn't happen, but if I want to pre-set volumes before I watch a movie, I have to take a huge detour through the sound settings.

So, is there any way to change the prioritation so that I will always change the music volume with the buttons? Also, how do I silence the beeping sound that beeps when I change the ringtone volume?

(I want my ringtone volume to be a constant, and my media volume to always change by deafault. I see no reason at all why anyone would want a quick access to change the ringtone volume either.)

Advertisement

2. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I can't answer your question. I can answer only your comment about seeing no reason why people want quick access to change the ringtone volume -- as I totally want quick access to change the ringtone volume.

At work, the phone is at my desk, about two feet my face, and a wall away from my boss. I turn my ringtone volume down when I get to work -- so that I can hear it, but nobody else can.

When I get home, though, the phone stays put while I move around -- so I want the ringtone louder, so I'll hear it.

Different volume in the car, too.

So, basically, yeah, I am constantly changing my ringtone volume and like the easy access. (OTOH, I always listen to music through earphones, so my media volume is generally constant. To the extent I need to change it due to ambient noise, I do that once I start listening.)