• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 volume buttons always prioritizing ringtone volume

livinwinin

Lurker
Nov 24, 2013
When I use the sound button (hardware button) on my S4, the ringtone volume level gets changed, and if I want to change the music, movie and media volume level, I got to click the settings button that appears when I change my ringtone volume. Now, while I listen to music, or already is watching a movie, this doesn't happen, but if I want to pre-set volumes before I watch a movie, I have to take a huge detour through the sound settings.

So, is there any way to change the prioritation so that I will always change the music volume with the buttons? Also, how do I silence the beeping sound that beeps when I change the ringtone volume?

(I want my ringtone volume to be a constant, and my media volume to always change by deafault. I see no reason at all why anyone would want a quick access to change the ringtone volume either.)

I don't know if what you're asking for is possible w/o some kind of system tweak, but I like it defaulting to the ring tone volume, personally. Easy way to get into silent/vibrate mode is to hold down the - volume key. And it makes no beeping noise when it's held down.

I can see the appeal of what you're asking for, I just personally would not prefer it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones