1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Galaxy S4 volume buttons always prioritizing ringtone volume

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by livinwinin, Dec 7, 2013.

1. livinwinin

livinwinin Member

Nov 24, 2013
    When I use the sound button (hardware button) on my S4, the ringtone volume level gets changed, and if I want to change the music, movie and media volume level, I got to click the settings button that appears when I change my ringtone volume. Now, while I listen to music, or already is watching a movie, this doesn't happen, but if I want to pre-set volumes before I watch a movie, I have to take a huge detour through the sound settings.

So, is there any way to change the prioritation so that I will always change the music volume with the buttons? Also, how do I silence the beeping sound that beeps when I change the ringtone volume?

(I want my ringtone volume to be a constant, and my media volume to always change by deafault. I see no reason at all why anyone would want a quick access to change the ringtone volume either.)

Advertisement

2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    NW Arkansas, USA
    I don't know if what you're asking for is possible w/o some kind of system tweak, but I like it defaulting to the ring tone volume, personally. Easy way to get into silent/vibrate mode is to hold down the - volume key. And it makes no beeping noise when it's held down.

I can see the appeal of what you're asking for, I just personally would not prefer it.