1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S4 volume buttons always prioritizing ringtone volume

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by livinwinin, Dec 7, 2013.

1. livinwinin

livinwinin Lurker

When I use the sound button (hardware button) on my S4, the ringtone volume level gets changed, and if I want to change the music, movie and media volume level, I got to click the settings button that appears when I change my ringtone volume. Now, while I listen to music, or already is watching a movie, this doesn't happen, but if I want to pre-set volumes before I watch a movie, I have to take a huge detour through the sound settings.

So, is there any way to change the prioritation so that I will always change the music volume with the buttons? Also, how do I silence the beeping sound that beeps when I change the ringtone volume?

(I want my ringtone volume to be a constant, and my media volume to always change by deafault. I see no reason at all why anyone would want a quick access to change the ringtone volume either.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

I don't know if what you're asking for is possible w/o some kind of system tweak, but I like it defaulting to the ring tone volume, personally. Easy way to get into silent/vibrate mode is to hold down the - volume key. And it makes no beeping noise when it's held down.

I can see the appeal of what you're asking for, I just personally would not prefer it.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews