• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s4 wifi issues, hardware to blame?

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy s4 over the summer and since Ive had the phone the wifi has been funky. The wifi will connect, but the signal is never strong, no matter how near or far from router. Also, a notifcation saying my wifi connection is unstable appears frequently when I am actually able to get wifi connected. I have tried many of the software "fixes" found on youtube ect. and nothing seems to make a difference. Just wondering if it would be worth my while to look into replacing the wifi hardware in the phone. I just want my wifi to work well, as Ive been eating up data as a result of lost wifi. This issue has cuased hours of frustration and any help will be appreciated.

Any help, opinions, stories of similar situations, ect. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Z_vitali

It sounds like a hardware issue. Is the phone under warranty, or did you buy it used?
I bought it used, but am willing to put money into having the issue resolved if possible. I am fairly tech savy and have worked on iphone repairs for friends and family for years. Any idea what parts would need replacing? Instructions for replacing? or What professional services who would handle the repair?
I live in Boulder, CO and have contacted one phone repair store however they seemed skeptical about doing the repair for me. Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks all for the responses, I greatly appreciate everyone of you giving some of your time to help me resolve this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones