1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy S5 Active acting strange all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by luke092601, Sep 7, 2016.

1. luke092601

luke092601 Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2015
    Male
    So I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and it is ATT, obviously, ever since about 3 days ago I have been eother watching a movie or on the phone or something and suddenly my music starts playing for the stock music app (not Google Play Music) and it will start, turn all the way up or down without me touching the volume buttons or anything. I am using Apple headphones and I thought it was these since by clicking the button makes my music play, make the volume go up and if I am on the phone if I press it it ends the phone call. I thought it was a kink in the wiring or something because they are quite old but just about an hour ago I picked up my phone to put in my headphone jack into them and before i put the headphones in, it started playing Alice in Chains (which is what it always resorts to when randomly playing music out of the blue) anyways i instantly checked off the headphones from the problem. I uninstalled all apps I have downloaded within a week, which was IMDB, I also checked all permissions on my apps that I have and none said anything about being able to play music or whatever. My phone is also freezing a lot lately.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    go into the Default Applications in Settings, and clear out what ever is there for media....

then the next time you try to play music, choose the correct app and make it the default.