1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S5: battery drain (4.4.2 non-root)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RatchetSK, Sep 25, 2014.

1. RatchetSK

RatchetSK Lurker

Hi.

my phone is a new Galaxy S5. battery was perfect first two weeks and up to 3 days after i did a factory reset (3-4 days moderate use)

however, after that, suddenly it started draining in a jaggedy curve steadily. no UPS mode nor JuiceDefender helped. it happened suddenly, no application was installed that day. turning off processes did not help either.

imgur: the simple image sharer

pic 1: after factory reset. after re-syncing, see that smooth curve and nice battery life?

pic 2&3: jaggy, steady drain no matter how much screen time i do

known facts:

-drain happens suddenly, factory reset teporarily fixes it
    -no matter what i do, no common battery saving method helps
    -Stay Awake is on 90% of the time in Android OS, which is the biggest cause
    -screen drains battery too despite my screen time
    -Locations and sync is turned off, as well as screen rotation
    -Airplane mode does not help
    -battery in-out did not help
    -nor WiFi on/off does not help

any help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RatchetSK

RatchetSK Lurker

u guys, srsly u guys? noone had this issue?

3. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

Have you searched the forum for other posts on this? Might find some info that way. Mary

4. RatchetSK

RatchetSK Lurker

Ive tried like zillions of solutions anyone ever had posted. 2 weeks of trying. nothing

5. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

Wow that's not good. Maybe have samsung look at it. Mine is not draining that bad. Mary

6. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

there have been many threads on battery drain, so many that a lot of us have simply quit reading them.

the generic sense though is, that a rogue application has been activated. One of those is an app that causes the camera.daemon to turn on, but never turn off.

You need to methodically rule out as much as possible.

1st, simply turn OFF as many apps as you can without literally crippling the phone so it can't make/take calls and SMS messaging.

Make a habit of turning OFF both Data and WiFi every time you lock the screen. I do that automatically with MacroDroid and can tell you that it works big time. My phone is on Day 3 w/o being charged and the battery status is 51%. I make a few calls a day, I look at the weather, I read the news, I visit the forums a bit... but when I shut the phone down (lock the screen), MacroDroid turns off data and wifi.... works like a champ.

You might not like my method, that's okay.

But, you need to isolate what is going on, and turning off the internet every time the screen is locked will certainly isolate a world of "what ifs"..

Okay, all the extra apps are turned off. And now your battery is doing great.

great, now turn them on 1 at a time and monitor to see which one is killing the battery....

I have a hint, anything with the name Amazon in it is Dead Meat on my phone... horrible battery muncher that app is.

Attached Files:

7. asli750

asli750 Lurker

I had this issue wherein android os is the no 1 cause of battery drain (could go up as much as 50 to 80+ percent). I don't know if this can help but what I did was to restore factory settings and deleted everything. Then I didn't restore my files but monitor it for a few days and my android os dropped to ~5 percent. After knowing that my phone is stable, I reinstalled my apps one at a time while monitoring for few hours each time before I added a new one. So far my problem was solved. Give it a try. I am sure one of your installed app is causing this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews