• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Performance

I connected my phone to my Toyota Prius with no problems. It took them a couple minutes to "find" each other, but once they did, no issues. As soon as I get into the car, it connects immediately. My Galaxy Nexus would occasionally drop the BT. Also - I notice my music is showing up with information on the BT screen on the car. My old phone did not. So now I don't have to check my phone to see what music is playing. Thus far - huge improvement on BT compared to my old phone.

Upvote 0
I connected my phone to my Toyota Prius with no problems. It took them a couple minutes to "find" each other, but once they did, no issues. As soon as I get into the car, it connects immediately. My Galaxy Nexus would occasionally drop the BT. Also - I notice my music is showing up with information on the BT screen on the car. My old phone did not. So now I don't have to check my phone to see what music is playing. Thus far - huge improvement on BT compared to my old phone.

That all sounds good. How about audio quality over the BT system Vs talking into the handset?

Upvote 0
Connectivity seems good to me so far. It found / connected to my radio in my car and truck without a problem. I've streamed Pandora across bluetooth in both of the vehicles and it was loud & clear with no interruptions / disconnects. I made a few calls using the car's bluetooth link and everything sounded good.

I also have a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds X and they also sounded great with no fading / disconnects.

Upvote 0
Bluetooth seems to work fine. My old phone would connect automatically to my car stereo. Does anyone know how to make the S5 do this

Is your car radio showing as a paired device on on your phone? (on your phone, go to "settings" --> "bluetooth", there will be a list of "Paired Devices"). If your car stereo is listed as paired, it should automatically connect when you're in range.

Screenshot below from my phone: My S5 is paired with my car, truck, and headphones. It is currently connected to the headphones, as they are highlighted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-14-19-53-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-19-53-13.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
Mine paired up with my Mazda 3 just fine and it connects quickly when I turn my car on. However, it does something different than my last two smart phones did. When I push the button in my car to make a phone call, I say the name and it dials the number. Once this happens, the S5 seems to switch the output method back to the handset, which cuts off the sound from my car speakers since it's no longer streaming through my bluetooth. I have to push the bluetooth button on the dialer to get it to stream through my car again. Very odd.

Upvote 0
Bluetooth seems to work fine. My old phone would connect automatically to my car stereo. Does anyone know how to make the S5 do this

There is a free app on the play store called "Bluetooth Auto Connect". It makes the phone connect to a bluetooth device automatically. In fact, if you have multiple devices you can give each one a priority and it will attempt connection to those devices in the given order.

Far as the original question goes, I have a belkin aircast in the car - bluetooth works fine with that, have a similar device at home and the S5 seems fine with that one too.

Upvote 0
my S5 used to link automatically for the first 2 weeks now won't do it. Says its paired but won't connect I have to got into settings in bluetooth delete my radio restart my phone and then go through the whole connection thing again. Help this phone is really cheesing me off should have gone with the iphone 5 instead.

I see the same thing, ie the phone shows it's paired to my car system but not connected. I don't have to delete and start over though, just touch the entry and it connects. I also notice that it will stayed connected across multiple car trips as long as I don't BT off in the phone. I usually turn it off in the evening so I don't know if it would still connect automatically next day. I need to try that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones