1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S5 Clone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ronaldkess, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ronaldkess

ronaldkess Lurker

Hi,

I bought a Galaxy S5 GT-I9600 with model number SM-G900F
    I want to know if this is clone and why cant my computer see it?
    I have tries Kies lite and Kies 3 and also Smart Switch so I can transfer my contacts from Samsung Anycall to S5.

Please, any assistance or point me in the right directions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, :)
    Ron

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi ronaldkess, and welcome to Android Forums :)

SM-G900F is a valid model number for a Galaxy S5: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Full phone specifications

Where did you buy the device and (approximately) how much did you pay? What else might make you think that it is a clone?

I'm not a Samsung expert, but hopefully someone will be able to provide some more assistance. :)

ronaldkess likes this.
  3. ronaldkess

ronaldkess Lurker

Hi Codesplice,

Thanks in advance for fast replies.
    Anyway I got this Samsung Galaxy S5 with the given model and so on for only $69 or Roughly 3,000 pesos. btw I am from Philippines and they are selling the original inside a mall for like $500+. so the price gives me a hint that this is clone or fake, or even stolen which I hope not , because it comes with a box and headset and charger
    So here are my questions:

1. how do I know or where will I look in my phone to see the authenticity of this device
    2. I just want help in transfering all my contacts from Samsung Anycall korean version to my new S5

Thanks in advance again :)
    Ron

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

ronaldkess and codesplice like this.
  5. ronaldkess

ronaldkess Lurker

Hi ironass,

OK to be clear this Samsung Galaxy S5 is for my wife and all the contacts is in my old email, I have decided to ccreate an email for her but all contacts should be the same as in my gmail account, so we are talking in migrating contacts across 2 email account now and this is where my problem occurs, I cannot seem to do it and find a way in the net.
    to summarized things up
    my gmail contacts should be transfered to my wifes gmail account to serve as her contacts also.

Thanks
    Ronald

6. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

You could sign her phone into your gmail account. Sync the contacts and in Contacts > Settings Import/Export, export them to her external SD card and then sign her back in to her own account and then import the Contacts from SD card. This will give her all the contacts in your account but will not sync to your account. Therefore, any future changes will need to be done manually.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews