1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Galaxy S5 Power Drain

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by inspro, May 12, 2016.

1. inspro

inspro Member

Oct 5, 2011
    I have an S5, just purchased, for Straight Talk. When I first got it, I loved the battery life, which was the purpose I got this particular phone.

It was great. I could go 2+ days without plugging it in. I took a long day trip to NYC using City Mapper, Waze, google maps and internet. At the end of the day, I still had 30%+ of battery life.

About 6 weeks after purchase, it just started burning the battery like crazy. It cannot even go a full day on idle, and is always warm. Below are a couple pics of what is using the power. One after an hour idle, the other 5 hours idle. I have done a factory reset, installed battery doctor, and shut off all unnecessary apps. No change.

The only other change is it started pausing when I hit power button to light screen, at the same time the battery life became so poor. For example, I want to make a call and I hit the face or power button, it might be a 5 count until the screen illuminates. It is as if the processor is busy.

Any ideas or help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. MLSS

MLSS Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Director of a non profit
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Have you received any updates to your OS since you got it?

3. inspro

inspro Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Good question. As far as I can tell I have had 4.4.2 since I bought the phone.

4. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Male
    The battery can actively eats not only the application but also the operating system. You obviously always active processor. Try a custom firmware (at default is still not working properly).
    And there is always a risk that the problem could be hardware evil - such as the battery is not working properly.