1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S5 & S5 Active Defective

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tyler1193, Sep 23, 2014.

1. tyler1193

tyler1193 Lurker

Warning galaxy s5 and s5 actives have a defect I'm the touch screen, caused by heat the phone produces however samsung denies it. What happens is that the screen gets hot from the battery and then it cracks then samsung support either says that Is an unknown issue or you can warranty the phone which you'll pay shipping to Texas both ways and then they will email you telling you that the phone has physical damage and physical/liquid damage voids there warranty where you will be forced to pay 100 and some odd dollars so they can repair it. This happened to me and since I have found 2 people I know that this has happened to, all only owning the phone for less than 1 week. Plus if you Google it you can find at least 6 other instances of this same incident. Oh and att says it was probably drooped and tells you to **** off, then they say that this is common that they get hot and Crack, aknowledgeing that it happens and that it was heat because the Crack is on the inside and not the outside. Then they say they don't warranty phones that were dropped and they just told me it was heat.

Moral of the story avoid the s5 and s5 active as well as ATT

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

That would be an awful lot of heat for that to happen.

There had to be a rogue app causing all of the CPU cores to be running at max cycle rate.

My S5 has never gotten more than a little bit warm, and usually that is from leaving it in the sun longer than I should have.

I use "creative management" to control heat, if you will.

I use MacroDroid's ability to monitor the screen status.
    If the screen is locked, then MD turns off the internet.

If the screen is unlocked, then MD will turn the internet back on (WiFi & Data)

There are a couple of errant apps out there that can cause the camera daemon to run wild, there is a thread on that right now. Either here, or on the AndroidCentral forum.

going to take a lot more than 1 or 2 phones out of the billion that Samsung has manufactured to scare me into giving up the best phone that has been produced so far.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews