1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy s5 Samsung battery question

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by DuoMaxwell007, Aug 16, 2016.

1. DuoMaxwell007

DuoMaxwell007 Newbie
    None

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Ok if I check the info on my phone regarding my battery it says it has like 19 hours or battery life.. yet when Im using the phone i can see it loses like 1% every 1-5mins (and its a lot closer to every minute than every 5 mins).. now 1% every 5 mins isnt even 9 hours let alone 19. Is there a battery I can get that actually has a time thats more closer to the time displayed in the battery info on the phone?

I mean Id like to go out for 9 hours with my phone only actively using it maybe 1-2 hours total and not have it be at 20% or below battery life when Im on the way back home to where my charger actually is (and not have to carry a portable charger around just in case).

I also notice the phone seems to change insanely fast,.. well a lot more noticeably fast than my lg volt did anyway.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    battery life is more subject to how many, and what type of apps you have in use.
    How much screen time is involved?

My S5 is still on the OEM 4/11/2014 battery it came with.
    On average lately, I am noticing something like 15-16 hours since charge with 25% charge left.
    Plus or Minus 5% or so...

I have a voice activated reminder at 40% and if I can, put it on charge pretty soon after that.
    I use MacroDroid to "speak text" at the 39% level...."she" says "Battery Low" ;)

I ought to make another macro and set it at 15% and have her say "Hey jackass, hook up the charger!" :rolleyes:

Getting serious though, if you will make it a point to try and recharge it at the 40% point, you will be amazed at how much that helps battery life.

PitCarver likes this.
  3. DuoMaxwell007

DuoMaxwell007 Newbie
    None

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    well as i said as im actively using the phone (and thus just having i on starting at the wall paper) im losing 1% every 1-5 mins. As for apps running in the background. I cant tell which are and which arent but my battery says 14 apps aer set for power saving.

I seriously doubt that theyre apps that unconstantly though as not even 90% of them are the kinds of apps that give notifications or pop ups

4. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    Maybe you should buy a spare battery and make a test to see whether your current battery has reached its end of life.

PitCarver likes this.