• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S5 Texts Dont Get Received

Hi all,

Started this thread in the Asus ZenWatch section, but looks like it is more indicative of the S5 as a whole. Whenever I try to use Google Now to send a text message using my voice, it shows up in my conversations as sent, but the recipient never actually receives it. This occurs in the Verizon Messaging App, the default Samsung Messaging App, and Google Hang Outs. When I click on the message history, it looks like the phone is adding the country code of "01" (USA) to the beginning of my texts. I'm in the USA so I'm not sure of this is a problem or not. As of right now, I can't send any texts through Google Now. This is a huge deal breaker for me, as I got the phone specifically for hands-free applications.

I'm working with a Samsung Galaxy S5 running 4.4.4 on the Verizon Network. Any help or advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones