• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S5 video camera resolution adjusting App for low resolution?

judgeguns

Apr 21, 2012
I want to do pictures and videos in lower resolution than what is available on my phone. Right now, lowest resolution is 2 MB. I want to do 256K pictures and videos to send to text and email without eating up my bandwidth. I do not have unlimited bandwidth! Plus it is faster !

What is a good App for setting my Galaxy S5 phone's camera/video camera's resolution to 256K ? Free would be nice but i can fork out A FEW BUCKS FOR A GOOD App!

Thanks!

Don't think mms send or download over wifi, think it's got to be through mobile data. Anyways I don't know any camera app which can take lower resolution photos either. Maybe try a few of the free ones and see if any can. Could also be worth checking your message app settings to see if you can set what resolution it sets your photos at before sending.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I want to do pictures and videos in lower resolution than what is available on my phone. Right now, lowest resolution is 2 MB. I want to do 256K pictures and videos to send to text and email without eating up my bandwidth. I do not have unlimited bandwidth! Plus it is faster !

What is a good App for setting my Galaxy S5 phone's camera/video camera's resolution to 256K ? Free would be nice but i can fork out A FEW BUCKS FOR A GOOD App!

Thanks!
I think Open Camera is what you're looking for. It can go super low on the resolution...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera

Upvote 0
Thanks! I will give it a try :)

Thanks!

How you doing my friend? I noticed your post and found an app that might me what your looking for. An app called "Low".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-20-10.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-20-10.png
    461 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-22-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-22-12.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-42-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-42-22.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones