1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S5 voice messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Abu Ismail, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Abu Ismail

Abu Ismail Lurker

My wife has the new iPhone 6 + & even though I am completely a Galaxy fan since getting rid of my iphone 4s, I have to say that one thing I like the fact that the iphone 6+ can send actually voice recordings from the messaging app. I use this as well with my whatsapp but I can only do it with those who have whatsapp. This is the same for the iphone 6+, it can only be used with other iPhone 6 or 6+. So my question is, does anyone know if the Galaxy S5 has the ability to record messages & respond to text with the recording. If so, can someone tell me how. I have yet to figure it out.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Firewill10

Firewill10 Android Enthusiast

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

You can also do the same if you use an App called Textra, you can record a message within the app by hitting the little mic to the right, I'm sure other texting 3rd party apps offer that also such as the above Google message app, but I know for sure Textra does as I use it, hope that helps.

4. Abu Ismail

Abu Ismail Lurker

Thanks, so the answer to my question is the Galaxy S5 doesn't have the capability independent of another app that must be downloaded. It would be great if they include that on the next model, because while on the road it's very easy to send messages this way. Thanks to those who responded to my post. You all have been very helpful. The Google Messenger is great.

5. Firewill10

Firewill10 Android Enthusiast

The above messenger app I mentioned I believe will be stock on lollipop

6. schdy37

schdy37 Newbie

Just go to Verizon Messages and type send to then go to the message body where it says Type Message and hit the mike icon next to the smiley face and record your message. When finished just send. Comes standard with the S5.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews